Ashtanga yoga is based on the principle of parampara, which is knowledge that is passed in succession from teacher to student. It is a commitment from the student and the teacher, over an extended period of time. Training assistants requires time and energy from both the teacher and the student. We are interested in helping students deepen their own understanding of the practice, assist us in the shala, as well as assist other students with their practice.
*This is not a teacher training program.*
The only way to become an authorized Ashtanga yoga teacher is to practice at KPJAYI in Mysore, India. It is our hope that you get a chance to practice with Sharathji. He is truly an amazing teacher.
- Two years daily Ashtanga yoga practice. (Six days a week consistently for two or more years)
- At least one year of practice with Faiza. (3-4 times a week for 12 months)
- A commitment to assist in the shala 3 times a week for a minimum of 6 months.
- A commitment to continued practice 6 days a week while assisting.
- There is no additional monetary requirement beyond monthly shala fees.
If you meet the above requirements and this is of interest to you, please contact us for more information.